At the beginning of the eighteenth century, the existence of the castrum of Saint Julien is already reported. The chapel is even mentioned for the first time in 1638, but it is certainly older. Indeed it wears a plaque from year 1565, date of the consolidation made 12 years after the transfer of Saint Julien relics to Biot.
Perched on a rock, the chapel opens to the south with a porch, with three beautiful arches with pillars that connect three wooden beams. A hermit lived there permanently and maintained the building thanks to alms. For centuries, the tradition of a procession has been perpetuated during the feast of Saint Julian, that takes place at the end of August. Following the parish priest, a long procession goes from the village church to the chapel to accompany the reliquary bust of Saint Julien. A large crowd escorted by animals adorned with flowers (dogs, horses, mules, donkeys ...) sings, all along the way, the hymn to Saint Julien, to the sound of fifes and tambourines of the "Traditions Biotoises". Then a mass is celebrated in meditation, followed by the 'drink of friendship'.
In 1707, during the War of Succession of Spain, the chapel was pillaged and desecrated by the soldiery. Remained dilapidated for a while, it was restored by pious hands and was again occupied by hermits. Then the chapel became private property.